Newspack’s Donate Block can be used to manually place a donation block manually on any post or page on your site.
Using the Newspack Donate Block
Before using the Newspack Donate Block, you will need to complete the Reader Revenue Wizard setup.
Once that’s complete, you can add a Newspack Donate Block by following these steps:
- Edit the post or page where you would like to add the block.
- Open the Gutenberg block selector and search for ‘Donate’, or scroll down to the Newspack section of the dropdown and pick Donate:
- This will add the Donate Block to your editor with its default configuration.
- Click Update or Publish to save your changes.
Configuring the block manually
Out of the box, the block will use the default settings from Dashboard → Newspack → Reader Revenue, but you can configure an individual block manually once it’s been added to the page by following these steps:
- Select the block in the editor:
- In the right sidebar, select Block tab at the top. If the right sidebar is not visible in the editor, it can be opened by clicking the cog icon in the top-right corner:
- Under Donate Block, you can toggle on Configure manually and change the suggest amounts for each of the tiers. These will automatically be multiplied by 12 for the Annual and One-Time tabs. You can also switch whether the one block will display tiered pricing. If you turn on Configure manually on a block, it will no longer be affected by the global defaults you set under Reader Revenue.
- Under Campaigns, if you have a Campaign ID provided to you by a third-party (like News Revenue Hub), it can be entered here:
- Once you’ve finished editing the block, click Update or Publish to save your changes.