Newspack’s Reader Revenue allows you to easily accept donations on your Newspack site.
If you haven’t already, first navigate to Dashboard → Newspack → Reader Revenue, and install and activate all of the required plugins individually, or by clicking Install at the bottom:
Note: WooCommerce Subscriptions and WooCommerce Name Your Price are premium plugins; they are included for paid Newspack customers.
Reader Revenue Settings
To configure donations using the Reader Revenue Wizard, follow these steps:
- First, click the Get Started button at the bottom of the screen to set your publications currency and location.
- The next screen will ask for an address for the publication, and the currency the Donate block should use. All fields, excluding Address line 2, are required. Once finished, click Continue Setup.
- On the next screen, you will have the option to enable Stripe, a payment gateway, or select another under the WooCommerce payment gateway settings. Stripe is generally recommended, if it is supported in your country. If you’re unsure, you can click Continue Setup, and set this up later.
- If enabled, Stripe will then ask you for API keys, which can be found in your Stripe account by following these steps:
- Once you’ve completed this part of the setup, when you return to the main Reader Revenue screen (Dashboard → Newspack → Reader Revenue), you will have easy access back to any of these settings to change them:
- Now that Reader Revenue has been set up, the Donations page and Donate block can be configured.